Friday 23 December 2016

The Lipstick That Will Survive Christmas Dinner





Christmas celebrations go between 2 extremes in my house; getting dressed up and celebrating with family, and spending whole days in our PJs in front of the TV. 90% of my time around Christmas will be spent in my leggings with my hair scraped back, there will be the odd day when I need to put on some makeup and leave the house, and on those occasions I'll either go without lipstick, or wear one that can withstand the leftovers, Christmas cake and bubbly. 

In past years I've taken the former option and not worn anything on my lips, but this year I've finally found a product that lasts, and when it does eventually fade it doesn't leave an awkward shadow around your mouth. 

The lipstick I'm on about is NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade London. I bought it a few weeks ago after seeing my friend Katy wearing it. Before trying this I'd tried a darker shade in the same formula, and whilst I liked it, I find this more nude / peach shade more wearable, comfortable and opaque. I've tried and tested it and can assure you it really is Christmas buffet proof! 

It's definitely a lipstick I recommend wearing this Christmas period. How do you celebrate over Christmas - is it all glitter and parties or a Harry Potter marathon with a selection box and the family? Either way, I hope you all have a great festive period - I'll talk to you just before the new year. Merry Christmas! x

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a lovely christmas!! I love NYX, their soft matte lip creams are so fab and they're cruelty free, so it's a win win! x
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you pick up dresses,jadegownshop dress makers taunton reviews gives you amazing choices.
    http://www.jadegownshop.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x