Friday 8 March 2013

Lewis Watson @ The Bodega!

I have had an amazing week, and the highlight was definitely Tuesday, when I found myself living a dream (I know it sounds cheesy, but stay with me here). I've been listening to Lewis Watson's music for getting on for two years now, and I finally had the chance to go and see him live. So I grabbed 4 friends, and headed off to see Lewis!

The night started with Saint Raymond, (A.K.A Callum Burrows), who opened up the show. Although I've never listened to his music, I really enjoyed it! The fact that Nottingham is his hometown made it special, and the crowd was really welcoming! Listen to Bonfires, it's an amazing song and I've been listening to it ever since last Tuesday. Next up was Kimberly Anne, a seriously talented artist. She was great at including the audience, despite the fact that some of us didn't know her music! My favourite of hers is hard to choose, it's either Bury It There or La La.

Lewis' set was incredible. It was all I could have hoped for! It was so nice to see him play all his songs, from ones featured on his new EP The Wild to some of his first songs, such as 3, which is a personal favourite of mine. There were so many highlights to the night, but one that has stuck with me is definitely when Lewis unplugged his guitar and came into the crowd. The audience sat down and listened to him perform in the purest way and it was beautiful. Despite the calls from an audience of adoring fans Lewis is an undeniably modest guy, which is so endearing.

 Lewis was kind enough to stay behind and meet everyone single one in the audience. What a nice guy! I didn't get the chance to meet Kimberly Anne, but I did meet Callum Burrows. I have to say it's so refreshing to see down to earth artists. I'll leave you with some photos from the night! (Excuse the poor quality, but all were taken on an iPhone).

Waiting for Lewis- Let's just say I was excited. Wow, I can't believe I'm sharing this on the Internet.

The Crowd! (Taken from Lewis' Instagram)

Meeting Callum Burrows, such a nice guy! 

Lewis and the Girls! L-R Emily, Maisie, Gina, Lewis, Me and Jodie

Me and Lewis! What a nice guy, staying to meet us all even after the venue had closed! 
Read my previous post on Lewis Watson HERE! 

4 comments:

  1. Ah these photos are so cute! They remind me of the sort of photos you'll be reminiscing over in a few years :') Sounds like you had a good time!
    Kerry | Kerralina x
    P.S. I'm having a giveaway if you wanted to take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great night, one that I'll remember for a very long time! x

      Delete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun!

    xo,
    Jamie

    http://inspirationlush.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an amazing night, hes so cute

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    p.s. I’ve given the blog a bit of a face lift!

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x