Friday 5 September 2014

The Recipe: Chocolate Crispie Squares


This recipe came to the rescue last week when I wanted to bake an edible "thank you" for my last day of work. (Although, I would be lying if I said that I saved them all for my colleagues. I had to do the taste test, right?!)

*Credit for the recipe goes to Lucy Young and her book Secrets of Aga Cakes. It's the only book I go to for baking- if you have a sweet tooth you need this book, no questions asked.

For 16 squares you will need:

12x9in baking tin, lined with cling film
100g butter
100g marshmallows
100g soft toffees
200g coco pops

All you need to do is:

Melt together the butter, marshmallows and toffees together on a low heat. Keep stirring so nothing gets burnt! Stir in the coco pops, making sure they're evenly coated. Spoon into your tin and use the back of the spoon to pack the mixture down, so it's compact. Pop it in the fridge for at least an hour. Then you can tip it out the tin and chop up!

If you're feeling fancy...

Melt 100g of chocolate (white, milk or dark- your choice!) and drizzle it over the top.

5 comments:

  1. Oooohhh, these just look amazing! Anything with chocolate I'm there, so these just seem like heaven x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must make these they look incredible x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god these look amazing. I promise to try them out!
    mortem blonde

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good god, these look so good. How inconveniently timed that I find this... I'm about to (re)start my healthy eating regime again!! :-( X
    http://noise-and-confusionn.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. good vibes, good inspiration
    http://prettylittleoutfits.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x