Tuesday 7 April 2015

The Wkend #2 | Chatsworth













For the past week I've become a tourist in my own country; my friend Brittany is staying with me over the Easter break rather than going back over to America. Seeing as Britt has never been, I had a great excuse to show her one of my favourite places to visit - Chatsworth House. 

After a week of rain we were blessed with the nicest weather we've had all year and I even managed to get sunburn (but I'll spare you from the photos of my pink arms). We took a tour of the house and gardens - if it's looking familiar, it's the house that Jane Austen based Pemberley on in Pride and Prejudice, and they shot the 2005 film there! The whole place feels like a movie set because it's so perfect. 

I don't think that we spend enough time being tourists in our own country. This place is a thirty minute drive away and yet I visit once or twice a year at the most! Where are your favourite places to visit that are on your doorstep? I want to visit them! 

10 comments:

  1. OH MY!!! I saw the movies just a few weeks ago!! Thought it looked familiar, so cool! :) What a coincidence! :)

    Lucija
    http://coffeeandlux.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place is amazing. Such rad pictures too girl. Loving your blog xxx

    yecrad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely NEED to visit here. One of my favourite things to do in England is visit fabulous manor houses and this one is stunning and look at that weather, you really did pick the perfect day for it!

    Samio
    www.samio.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an incredible place ! lovely post !!
    :)

    I am following you now .
    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty place you live around ;^;
    http://mondaysandmimosas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photographs are amazing, such good quality and great views!

    Kathryn /Cherries in the Snow

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are incredible! They're so pretty and beautifully captured!

    Josie
    josievictoriaa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible place! I'd love to visit :)

    www.hennaxstreetstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know it's a beautiful looking building but i'm all about that reflection.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x