Tuesday 22 August 2017

Why I Took A Break From Blogging



Hello, to anyone that might be reading this. It's been a long while since I dedicated any real time to this blog, so I'm not sure how many of you have stuck around. It's nice to be back! For a while I wasn't sure whether I'd ever really make it back on here, but at long last I've decided to give it another go. A lot has happened over the past year or so that has meant I've been pretty quiet on my blog and if I'm totally honest, up until the past month I haven't missed writing on here. 

This year has seen me complete my Bachelor's degree at the University of Leeds (something which I am incredibly sad about - although I have managed not to cry so far). I spent the academic year in a flurry of essays, exams and the dreaded dissertation, all whilst trying to make the most of my final year at university. It was a hectic year to say the least, especially because my family moved from the house I grew up in back at Easter time, the day after my dissertation was due (timing doesn't appear to be our strongest suit). I know that after my second year of university I felt bloomin' tired, but final year seems to have taken the biscuit on that one. I had great plans of spending this summer putting all my energy into my blog, playing guitar and reading lots of books, but when it came down to it I was just so tired! Thankfully, this year's hard work was worth it because in July I graduated with a 1st in my degree. Whilst I have made my way through a few books, and watched lots of my Friends boxset, my blog has definitely been lacking the focus it needs. It got to the point this summer when I found myself deciding whether to pack it all in entirely. I start my graduate scheme in a few weeks and I wasn't sure (and in all honestly I'm still not sure) how much time I would have to keep up with my blog once my job has begun. 

Even though I haven't contributed much myself online this year, I've still read my favourite blogs and watched countless hours of YouTube (my dissertation was on YouTube so trust me, I've spent a lot of time on that place). I just hadn't found myself wanting to contribute my 2 cents online for a long time.  I didn't feel I had anything new to say, and as primarily a fashion blogger I was struggling to create the content I liked because my bestie and photo partner Katy was on her placement and therefore away from university, and the remote control part to my camera is broken. But depsite all my worries about giving time to my blog and other frustrations, my blog has been with me for nearly 6 years and even though this year it's been very quiet, it used to be such a massive part of my weekly routine and it seems like too much to just throw the towel in now. I'm also massively conscious of the fact that I need some hobbies to see me through now I'm entering the working world - and whilst I've recently taken up running (updates on that coming in a post soon), variety is the spice of life so I'm giving my blog another go.


Thankfully, we're off to a good start because these photos are some of my favourites I've ever taken for my blog. I have 2 weeks to get into the swing of a routine and plan some ideas before I start my new job and I haven't felt this excited about my blog for a good long time now. 

As I get into my job I'd be happy to dedicate some space on my blog to my experience on a graduate scheme - if it's something you'd be interested in then let me know and I'll keep notes to write a post soon. Until then I have a few things planned, so expect to see some new stuff here soon!

Ruby x


Jumper - Primark // Jeans - Topshop Raw Hem Jamie's // 

Find the items

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back, lovely! Sometimes we need a break and that's more than ok. You've clearly been incredibly busy - congrats on that 1st lovely! Amazingggg! Also these photos are so lovely hun! Can't wait to see whats to come x

    whatevawears.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eva! Hope you enjoy what I do next on the blog :-) I always love reading yours x

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! It's amazing how creativity comes and goes.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! Yes - I've definitely had a long dry spell for inspiration but hopefully it's back for good x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x