Tuesday 29 August 2017

New Rules



I may say this every year, but over the past year I think I've really found my style groove and what I feel comfortable in. My tastes have slowly changed I think - a year ago I wouldn't have been likely to feel so into an outfit so simple - just jeans and a t-shirt - and it would never have appeared on my blog a year ago, but I think over the past 12 months I've grown to really appreciate a simple outfit with my classic every day accessories ( my silver hoops, a few rings and my watch).

I think I've definitely taken inspiration from some of my favourite bloggers - think Lizzy from Shot From the Street, Lindsey from Ropes of Holland and Lucy Williams from Fashion Me Now. Whilst I'm nowhere near their level of cool, I've come to realise how much they rock a good pair of jeans and a tee or a blouse. A super simple, classic outfit that just works in an effortless way. A fitted tee like either of these two, and my favourite Jamie jeans are an everyday staple.


Another thing I've developed a love for this year is colour, and specifically the colour red. In the past I would have shunned a tee like this bright red one. There was just something about the colour red that didn't appeal to me (even now I don't think I think red lipstick is "me"). Maybe it's the massive influx of millennial pink and bright red in the shops this year, but I'm really, really drawn to the colour red! I wore a red dress to my friend's 21st, to my final university ball, the list goes on. This time last year I wouldn't have touched the colour with a barge-pole. How things change!

I've got new rules when it comes to outfits - whereas I once would have thought this outfit was boring and lacking anything of interest, it's what I'm comfortable in now and although I wouldn't have felt confident wearing such a fitted t-shirt once, I realise now that it's a flattering style for me, understated and super easy. 



White tee - Topshop // Red tee - Primark //  Belt // Primark // Jeans - Topshop Raw Hem Jamies // Watch - Casio // Trainers - Adidas Stan Smith Nude Pony Hair (sold out)

Find the outfit:

8 comments:

  1. I love your jeans, they look so cute! I get what you mean, nowadays I prefer to style my basics and keep things simple basically. xx
    Coco Bella Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes it's so nice to find a simple style you can always fall back on x

      Delete
  2. You can't beat a good jeans and tee. I really loved the red one. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma! Yes the red really grabbed me - it's not a colour I usually wear! x

      Delete
  3. You can't go wrong with a slogan tee and some comfy jeans! Lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! Yep it's a good fail safe outfit x

      Delete
  4. Great pictures! You look fab!
    Your dogs are so adorable!

    http://www.pinkpretender.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x