Tuesday 5 August 2014

NOTD: The Evil Eye DIY




If my bank account were a bottomless pit of money, (or if I had any amount of skill) nail art would be my thing. Sadly the reality is that I'm a student with very little hand-eye coordination! However, summer break has caused me to whittle away rainy afternoons by attempting nail art designs, and I finally have one to show you that went well.

The Evil Eye has been all over my tumblr dashboard recently in various shapes and forms - remember that design that Alexa Chung wore? 


1) Paint a semi-circle at the base of your nail. Wait for it to dry! 

2) Take a nail dotting tool, or cocktail stick, to paint a small light blue dot in the centre of the semi-circle.

3) Once this is dry, paint a small black dot in the centre of the blue dot, to create the pupil. 

4) Paint over with a top coat, and you're done!  

Let me know your thoughts on this design- do you spend money on manis, or do you DIY? 

9 comments:

  1. I definitely DIY my nails, I'm too poor to get them done. I love this design though, simple but classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so bad at nail things (I ave stopped painting them entirely) but these look so cool.
    mortem blonde

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these nails. I've been seeing the eye design everywhere recently! I'm so bad at nail art but I'm definitely giving this a go xx
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool nail art design! Wish I was as talented :)

    Gabby xo

    Blog - What She Buys / Instagram / Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a really good job of those nails! not as easy as it always looks! haha xx

    http://whitexorchid.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are perfect!! I am so bad at painting my nails haha! xx

    yecrad.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These have got a salvador dali thing going on.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that nail art design, it's so cute! x

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so simple....but looks just really beautiful!
    Love it!! :)

    xoxo monia :*
    http://moniacagnazzo.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x