Wednesday 14 January 2015

The Cool Toned Mani




January is the month I put away the dark, black cherry toned nail polish and reach for something a little cooler toned. Each of these polishes has something a little different to bring to the plate and they'll be on rotation for the next month or so.
Barry M's Gelly Nail Paint in Almond is a new addition to my drawers after seeing it on Katy. It's a dupe for Nails Inc's Porchester Square and is a pretty lavender-grey. Next is Mint For Life by Maybelline. It's the brightest of the bunch, and has one of the best brushes out there. When you want a true grey Rainy Day by Topshop is my favourite. Topshop polishes are always a fail-safe option for their formula and they might even beat Barry M's Gelly formula, which I think can tend to be gloopy if you're not careful. Having said that, Huckleberry by Barry M is a great one for those days when you want something more muted than Mint For Life. Last up is Exposed by Topshop. (I told you I liked them!) I always thought white nail polish looked too harsh, so here's my alternative. A pretty, milky grey shade that I wear quite a lot.
What are your thoughts, and what nail polish are you wearing right now? I'm always expanding my collection so let me know if there's a shade I should pick up!

20 comments:

  1. This is too cute, I love the colours x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty! "Rainy Day" has to be my next purchase.

    http://www.thecharleygirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice colours! I wished they sell Berry M in The Netherlands..
    xx
    http://pixellifeonline.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful nails! The colors are so pretty

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I need that huckleberry shade, it's lovely, especially for spring.

    Frankie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours :)

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heya, I've just nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my latest post for more info :) xx

    MissyRed.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah this is cool, I love the idea of a cool toned mani. I'm the same, I've been all dark colors throughout winter - lots of vampy reds and emerald greens. I'm thinking a cool tone would be a great nail color choice for January, though. And I just recently tried TopShop's polishes, and I gotta say - I'm really liking them :)

    Z. | J. POTTER

    ReplyDelete
  9. These colours look incredible together! I love a good manicure x
    Savannah // www.zolablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving the pictures, nails and blog :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice!
    I follow you, if you like to reciprocate this is my blog: http://theroaronthecatwalk94.blogspot.it/ a big kiss and good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how your ring matches your nail varnish shade, hehe! I always think the same about Topshop nail varnishes - such great quality & I love the grey shade!

    Lauren x
    www.thefashionramblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all such lovely colours, really like Rainy Day and Exposed by Topshop!

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of these gorgeous colours! The Maybelline one looks lovely!

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love rainy day! Obsessed with grey atm, to the point where I did a whole post inspired by it ahha! Lovely pictures!

    Clothing Conscious // Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these colours - I'm wearing huckleberry at the moment! :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely colors~!

    Vintagemoniquereinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x