Saturday 3 January 2015

Plaid Shirts, Part One






Wearing: Shirt, Jumper and Boots - Primark.  Jeans- Warehouse (old) .  Watch - Olivia Burton. 

Happy New Year, loves! This outfit post has come a little late- the pressure to start 2015 on the blog as I mean to go on was so high that I ended up shooting this outfit twice. Ah, the problems of being picky / the problems of gale force winds threatening to ruin the hair tuck you've got going on and blow your tripod over. Yep, that very nearly happened. 

Having a limited wardrobe over Christmas has meant that I've gotten my fair wear out of this plaid shirt so I've been getting creative. Here's part one of two outfit posts on my favourite way to wear plaid - tied around the waist with super soft skinnies and a slouchy knit. Easy to throw on without completely looking like you just rolled out of bed. Talking of bed, that's where I wish I were spending the weekend, with New Girl on loop and left over chocolate by my side. But no, the January exams are looming so I'll have my head in books all weekend... What are your plans for the weekend? 


10 comments:

  1. So cool Ruby, you look fab x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous, ahh those boots are super funky. x

    yecrad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i adore this look!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casual cute, lovely look :) I can never get the hang of the whole shirt around the waist look! Every time I try I just look lumpy and awkward, lol. Not cute for me, haha.

    Z. | J. POTTER

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A plaid shirt is truly a lifesaver. Love the 90s vibe you've got going on here :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are gorgeous! This has to be my favorite everyday look for myself, I have my own version of each of these pieces.
    Love your blog! xo

    http://www.thecharleygirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit, simple and comfortable

    v0gueandtrends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x