Tuesday 9 June 2015

Perfect Waste of Time










Dress, Tee & Rings - Primark // Sneakers - Nike // Bag - Topshop //  Sunglasses - Warehouse // Watch - Olivia Burton 

This dress is an oldie but a goodie, and one I rarely wear. But my pale legs have to see the Sun a couple of times a year and today seemed like the perfect day. Martha and I wasted some time today by walking through the park near our flat. Because my first year of university has officially finished, I have all the time in the world to while away! I'm so excited to put more time into this blog again. 

It's only starting to hit me that the year is over because people have started moving out. Campus is starting to feel like a ghost town and the park that was packed with students last week is now empty. Last Friday we attended the University Ball (in my next post I'll show you my outfit!). There were fairground rides galore and my flatmates and I spent the night riding the carousel and watching Ella Eyre and Annie Mac perform (it wouldn't be right if Leeds didn't throw some house music in there, right?) Needless to say, I've been listening to Annie Mac's mixes ever since. We ended the night, and first year as a whole, with sore feet and high spirits. 

These past ten months have thrown me out of my comfort zone and thrown so many beautiful people into my life. My year as a Fresher has given me so much more than I had ever expected; I have a new city to call home and a new set of people to call my family. I can't wait for second year to begin already, although I know it will be entirely different. Of course, you'll be hearing all about it!

It's time for me to sign off before I get too sentimental, though. It's just gone midnight and a song has just come on shuffle that always brings a tear to my eye. If you're not feeling in too fragile a state go and listen to My Sad Captains by Elbow. They're one of my favourite bands and the meaning of this song is beautiful and sad at the same time, and so relevant to my life at the moment. x

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like your University Ball was amazing! Also love this outfit Ruby, you look lovely :-)
    Love Rosie Xox

    Leblogderosy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty!
    Love it.
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this dress too! Such a goodun I always through it over a band tee, looks fab with a pair of boots too!
    I had no idea you were at uni in Leeds, such a brilliant city I'm so glad I live here. Hope you enjoyed first year!

    Holly xx
    www.aromanticcalamity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the dress and it looks really nice with the stripes :)

    danielle | avec danielle // giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty outfit, I espcially love the watch! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! We have similar park in our city! :D

    I hope that you visit my blog too and maybe follow: SPIKED-SOUL.BLOGSPOT.COM :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love stripes and denim together! This pinafore is adorable!

    <3 Trou
    The Peculiar Trouth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the denim :) New on my blog: My Disco Ball Pants :) Bisous from France :)

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfit dear!

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x