Friday 29 July 2016

Hitting Reset







So it's been a little over a month since I last read a blog, let alone thought about my own. University has finished and I'm three and a half weeks into my new job (which is so much fun) but I've been in that weird phase of recovering from a crazy few months of revision and exams at university, and starting a new job which has left me cramming a social life / gym into any spare time.

I'm going to be completely honest and admit it, my blog has only crossed my mind several times in the past 4 weeks, and when it did it was for a fleeting second before I was onto the next thing. But today I realised just how long it had been and I wanted to check in and share this outfit I shot last month.

Over the 4 years I've been writing TM, I've come to accept that sometimes I have a month where things don't go to plan and blogging gets put on the back burner. I used to think of them as a bad month but I'm trying to stop doing so. Whilst I hope you all enjoy reading my blog, I don't have thousands of readers and ultimately I write it for myself as a creative outlet, so beating myself up when things don't go to plan is beginning to seem pointless.

Case in point - my previous blog post was one of, if not my favourite outfit to date and as I'm writing this it's received 2 comments in a month. And whilst it isn't all about the numbers, I love the interaction I usually get in the comments so seeing a dry spell on here was a bit disheartening. Because of this, I'm going to hit reboot on the blog!

So say hi to what I like to call my "man repeller trousers". I think they're super cool and fun but they're definitely not the most flattering item in my wardrobe. I dress them up with a long sleeved striped tee and brogues for work but I really like wearing them casually too! And my nike basball cap is something I've been liking too, although I'm still not sure that I'm cool enough to wear it. If I pretend I am I think I can pull it off :)

So it really has been long time since I last checked in, but I'm going to try and stick around! I would love to tell you all more about what I have been doing this last month if you're interested?
Talk soon xx

5 comments:

  1. well i'm creeping on here even if nobody else is lol
    is it creeping? popped up on my insta

    p.s. i call my 'man repeller' trousers 'mum repeller' trousers, as she's usually the one who tells me to get rid of them :'D glad you have some too

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooow your outfit is so good! And of course, write what you have been doing! :) xx
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is so cool. I love it.

    www.tessyonyia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look sooo cute! I love the casual vibes!


    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back to the blogosphere :D I'm loving the man repeller trousers!

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x