Sunday 16 October 2016

The Nail Art You Can Do - In Five Minutes?!



I'm a big fan of having my nails painted and there rarely goes a day when my finger tips are bare. But sometimes (most of the time) I can't be bothered to spend the time painting them and I'm always looking to get a better end result in a quicker time. I love the intricate nail art designs I see all over Instagram but don't have the tools or the skill to recreate them myself, and being on a student budget I've resigned myself to a plain and simple paint job.

However, I have one way that I spice up my nails when I want something a little more artistic, and I'm not joking when I say it only takes 5 minutes. I think it's simple, fun and on trend, and here are the three steps you need to do to achieve it yourself!




1) Remove any old polish, push back your cuticles and shape your nails to your preference. 

2) Give each nail a coat of a clear base coat. You could choose to put a layer of your favourite colour on here, but I think it looks really cool if you leave nails their natural colour.

3) Take a nail varnish with chunky sequins (I used the Nails Inc Alexa Stars polish - it has a mix of silver and gold stars, so pretty!) and dot them onto your nails. Leave for a minute, and then paint over another layer of clear polish to seal everything in place. 


If you don't have a sequin nail polish, you could pick up some small sequins from a craft shop, or use an old eyeliner brush to paint stars on to your nails. 


Tah-dah!! Your own DIY nail art in under 5 minutes. Now go forth, with a "my nails look fabulous!" spring in your step. 

The only short-coming of this cool manicure is that its a little harder to remove than some. It's nothing that nail polish remover and some patience can't fix, though. Just wrap you nail in a cotton pad soaked with remover for 30 seconds and the sequins should glide off nicely. 

I hope you enjoy your new nail look! Speak soon, Ru xx

5 comments:

  1. This is such a cool nail look - especially for the festive season! One of us had acrylics so will 100% be trying this out :)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So easy and so quick! x x
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this polish! There's something to minimalistic/ 90s about it :D

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I'm awful at doing my nails and they always end up chipping haha will definitely try this. Would love if you could check out my new post? XX

    The Fashion Road.com
    Instagram @louisefrancescaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just seen this post! Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x