Saturday 9 September 2017

A Mini Room Tour + My New Job!





One of the big changes to my life this year happened in March, when my family moved house. I'd grown up in that house, so moving was quite a shock to the system, even though it was the right decision. For the first few months after moving I was still studying at university, so the new house felt more like a temporary thing than a new home. Since moving home this summer I've gradually managed to make my room feel like my own place so I thought I would share some snaps with you. 

There's still lots I want to add into my room but that will happen naturally over time as and when I see little things. Most things in my new room came with us from the old house - all the furniture except for the desk are the same. The pom-pom garland is the newest addition to the room. It's not perfect but it's okay for a first attempt - I bought the wool and made the pom-poms myself which was a fun project to do whilst I watched Friends episodes. 




I hope you enjoyed seeing a few snaps of my new space. Writing this post was a great excuse to give my room a tidy up (my mum will be so happy). I swear to god no matter how hard I try, my room will be back to a mess by the end of the weekend.

I started my new job this week - which I thought I would update you on! Rather than go into all the detail - I'll give you the short version. It's been great! The first few days included lots of icebreakers with the group of new graduates, as well as lots of listening so by Tuesday my brain was frazzled. Later on in the week I got to meet the team I'm joining and find out about the role I have! (Some background on my new job - it's a graduate scheme where I rotate around the company in a few different roles over 2 years. I didn't apply for a specific job, just the general business area. This is why I didn't know what my job would be until the day I started). The next few years are going to be full of massive learning curves and being at the very beginning of it all is pretty daunting. For now I'm going to enjoy my weekend and take every day as it comes.

Speak soon, Ru x

6 comments:

  1. Your new space looks so dreamy and lovely! Nice stack of books there in the first photo. I am not biased at all there haha. Good luck for the new job! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie! Haha yes, I bought Amy Poehler's book on your recommendation x

      Delete
  2. It's so cool that you have a fireplace in your room! And congrats on your new job. I wish I would have had a rotational program like that starting out - it's the BEST way to learn about business. My cousin did something similar at Delta Airlines and he LOVED it.

    http://colleenwelsch.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your room, it looks so nice and I like that there are books everywhere. Good luck with the new job, hope it all goes splendid for you :)
    Coco Bella Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Demilade! Yes I love having books dotted around my room x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x