Saturday 27 October 2018

My Current Skincare Lineup



From L-R: Your Good Skin Balancing Skin Concentrate // The Beauty Kitchen Raw Inventions Berry British Sustainable Beauty Oil // Weleda Skin Food // Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish // Pixi Glow Tonic // Soap and Glory Puffy Eye Attack // Liz Earle Instant Boost Tonic // 




Up until recent months my skincare has been pretty lack lustre and extremely basic. A bit of micellar water and the occasional use of the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish (definitely not daily). But I'm enjoying a really fresh makeup look more than ever which means I need to make sure my skin is looking as fabby as possible. I'm also trying to avoid the inevitable dry skin that I develop at this time of year, usually on my forehead and a product of cold weather and blasting out the heating in my car every day.

So far so good, I think due to lots of new products in my stash since last winter. The first of those is the Your Good Skin Balancing Skin Concentrate, which is amazing. I love the scent of it, and this is my 3rd bottle since I tried this back in Jan. It's enriched with lots of things (like green tea and vit c) and I use it every morning. The whole concept behind this product is to use it for 28 days and it will improve texture, tone, moisture and other things.

Next up is the Beauty Kitchen oil - this is gooooooorgeous (yes it really deserves that many o's). I had the pleasure of meeting Jo, one of the founder's of the Beauty Kitchen, earlier in summer and find what the brand is doing so interesting. This produce takes waste fruit seeds that were used to make juice, and makes a lovely face oil. Having tried a few 100% natural oils in the past (I also love Weleda's Sea Buckthorn oil), I will never go back to mineral based oils. It sounds silly, but I never actually realised that products based on mineral oil (hello, Bio Oil) are made from petroleum. Ie, what I fill my car up with weekly. *gulps* 

The great thing about natural oils is that they're not really that oily (I know that sounds weird). Obviously they are an oil, but they sink straight down into your skin so quickly and don't leave you with horrible slippy hands. That's because it's a natural plant oil that your skin can easily absorb - vs. mineral oils that actually just sit on top of your skin.

I'm still very uneducated when it comes to natural beauty and understanding what goes into all my beauty products, but everyone's got to start somewhere, right? If you're interested in picking up some plant derived products then I would recommend both Weleda and The Beauty Kitchen.

Skin Food (by Weleda) is an all-rounder - I use very minimal amounts on my face because it's quite rich for my skin. It's all natural and I've used it for years!
For cleansers, I have 2 go-to's. I still use Liz Earle and interchange it with the Your Good Skin Nourishing cleanser. Both equally lovely - hot cloth cleansers that I use with a muslin cloth. 



The newest edition to my lineup is the Pixi Glow Tonic - I've wanted to try this for donkey's (purely because it's seems to be such a cult product for so many). I've only used it for a week so haven'y really noticed much of a difference so far but I am enjoying using it.

My favourite treat is the Soap and Glory Puffy Eye Attack under-eye mask. They come in 2 gel kind of patches that you stick under your eyes and they are so cooling and lovely. (and usually on 3for2 at Boots!) (not spon I promise).

I've realised that potentially the only things missing from my stash are a good exfoliator and a mask. I love sheet masks and do them every so often, but still don't have a go-to clay mask to reach for. I've used exfoliators in the past but threw them away a few years ago. I feel like muslin cloths do a good job of exfoliating my skin a little everyday in a more gentle way. However I am open to any suggestions!

Send 'em my way please - what are your most used bits of skincare? 

1 comment:

  1. Nice picks - I really need to try out that beauty kitchen oil! http://skylish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x