Tuesday 4 June 2013

Essentials: An Afternoon in the Sun


We've had gorgeous weather in the UK over the past few days, so naturally it's all we've been talking about! After my last exam this morning (hurrah) I spent the rest of the day outside. Here's what I took out to the garden with me- my essentials for an afternoon in the sun. 

1) A pair of shades- mine were a steal at only £4.99 in New Look.

2) Sun Lotion- I've used quite a few different sun lotions and Piz Buin is my favourite because it smells so good and it protects me which still giving me a tan. This is the Allergy formulation so it's fine on my face too, which can sometimes get a bit stroppy and sensitive. If you want a suncream which will totally protect you I would recommend Garnier Ambre Solaire, I took it with me for a month in Nicaragua and didn't burn at all. It does give you greasy hands though. 

3) Nail Polish- I spent this afternoon painting my toes and went for a coral pink and my much talked about orange in Stage Dive from Topshop. 

4) Water- I'm sure you've been told enough times how important it is to stay hydrated in the Sun. Seriously, it is important though. A glass of cold water is refreshing and isn't bad for you one bit, so drink up!

5) A good book- I love an easy read and it's romantic I can't resist.

6) Music- for me it's either Radio 1 or my own music. I love making playlists so I'm often listening to one of those.

7) A magazine- the latest Harper's Bazaar arrived yesterday so I spent a good hour reading this. I love a chunky magazine to get stuck into! 



Let me know if you like posts like this and I'll see if I can plan some similar ones. Do you have any essentials for an afternoon of sunbathing?

9 comments:

  1. Great post! :)

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful afternoon :) It must feel so good to have your exams over and done with, I still have two to go! xx
    tiny-adventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! The Topshop nail varnish is gorgeous.

    xo Sophia
    ohlalipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post makes me sad to be stuck inside at work, lol!
    xx,
    Chelsea
    www.abitofsass.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wodnerful post! it looks super cozy :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute shades and nail polish. Coral pink is my favorite color for summer.
    xx Allie | a song to pass the time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its al you need in the sun....

    xx Mounia
    www.nonchalantrebel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors! :) xx

    -Mitzee

    factshionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like an ideal afternoon, love it :)
    teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x