Sunday 5 January 2014

NOTD: Luxedo



Last week I visited the shops for a bit of a search through the sales, and only bought one thing that was actually in the sales. This Essie polish isn't it, but that doesn't matter because it's so pretty that I couldn't resist. Luxedo is a polish that I've heard lots of people rave about, and it's just as pretty in person. It's reminiscent of Chanel's Vendetta, (remember how much I went on about that one?) minus the little bit of shimmer it has. 

With two coats it comes out much more black than I thought it would, but when it catches the light it's a gorgeous plum colour. The two coats lasted about 3 or 4 days before I saw a chip. Pretty good to say that I couldn't be bothered with a top coat. The formula is lovely, and the brush is that perfect size- just big enough to cover the nail in two oh-so-easy swipes. 

Have you ever tried an Essie polish? (If not, why not?) 

8 comments:

  1. I got the 'tart deco' polish as a gift last year and I loved it! It was such a nice color! I will have to check out this color...I love it!!

    Hope xx
    http://lovelytravelss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that essie color! I have it...and actually forgot I did until I saw your post! will have to wear it sometime soon :)

    xxx
    Lady à la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that color!!

    xo,
    Madison Martine
    http://madisonmartine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhh im interested to see that plum touch to this shade! :D great color!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  5. that colour is beautiful! great post!
    http://amberblogposts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally tried black polish last year and fell hard for it. It's so sleek and classy! Love it on you too.

    -- Alex at Brainy Girls Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to start buying new dark nail colors!
    I love this post :) xx

    -Mitzee

    factshionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x