Thursday 16 January 2014

Twirly, Swirly





I honestly don't quite know why I do it to myself, but earlier this week I decided it would be a good idea to go and stand outside in a short sleeved dress. It's all for you guys, I blame you, okay? So anyway, here's me wearing my new favourite thing. A pretty, twirly, swirly dress. The past few months have seen me really get into the whole monochrome thing, and I feel like this outfit embraces it whole-heartedly. In between (unfortunately sporadic) blogging sessions I've been bombarded with homework, but I have some fun things coming up soon!

I'm always interested to see what you would like to read on here, or alternatively, which blogs you can't get enough of. Leave me links down in the comments-I'll check them out whenever I get a free second. 

I hope you all read Maria's blog but if you don't, let me point you to her corner of the web. She recently wrote an amazing post which I would love you to share with any guys and girls you think should read it. I think it's might be quite a strange, unexpected thing for a fashion blogger to be like 'hey, I don't actually always like having my picture taken.' I totally know how this feels- some days my appearance knocks me down, and other times it won't cross my mind for days. I think that's pretty normal, until you throw in the fact that I regularly post pictures of myself on a blog for everyone to see. I could really relate to Maria's blog post and although I don't think it's something that I've ever talked about on here before, I love that she had the courage to write that post and click publish. 

14 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks for risking hypothermia for us! Lol. Love the dress! The elephant print on the bottom is just too cute.

    And I'm totally with you + Maria. While I totally preach that everyone should love their bodies, regardless of shape or size, sometimes it's hard to apply that philosophy to myself. Just because I'm comfortable with taking some selfies for the internet, doesn't necessarily mean those feelings are cancelled out!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby, this is like my dream dress! It's gorgeous! I know I'm always asking you about where you buy things and the colour of your hair dye, but... where's this dress from?! Also, thanks for putting a link to Maria's blog; I've just had a quick read and I love it. xo

    www.letscapturethecastle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Kate! I bought it from New Look last week and it was a complete bargain- about £12 and not even in the sale! xx
      Side note: the sizing was a bit weird, and I had to go two sizes bigger than my usual.

      Delete
  4. Love your outfit, the dress is amazing! :) xx

    -Mitzee

    factshionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its so nice!! It feels good on you!!
    Love it
    Strawberry Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress! thank you for going out in the cold for us :)

    I am checking out Maria's blog now!

    Hope xx
    http://lovelytravelss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this dress looks amazing and i'd love to own one myself! what a cute post!
    anyway would you be interested to follow each other?? do let me know!

    Xxx
    www.thedancingpencilonpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the dress and it looks very good on you :)

    XOXO
    http://fashion-mask.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love the outfit! And you look stunning!

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice outfit dear! the print look real good x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. Click here for more details :)

    Colourful Stuff | Beauty, Fashion, Life ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dress is so pretty! Thanks for stepping into the cold for us! I will definitely be having a read of Maria's post. Thanks for sharing!

    Yasmeen x
    http://themirroraffects.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this dress is perfect! I have such a hard time finding dresses that are interesting like this one! The elephant pattern is so adorable! xx

    wildflowerofprague.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x