Thursday 20 March 2014

NOTD: Ballet Slippers, Essie




Rings- Topshop and River Island 

Ballet Slippers has just been added to ever-growing nail polish stash and I couldn't be happier. I'm sure you've heard all about this shade because there's constant hype around it, but it's the perfect combination of pastel, off-white goodness. It's pretty sheer, so you'll need three coats before you get a nice, opaque effect. But I kind of like that about it, because you can have a really subtle wash of pink, or build it up. 

Granted, you need a good dollop of top coat to protect this from chipping (I think I lasted 3 days tops), but you can't fault Essie on their colour selection. What's next on my list, I hear you ask? It's definitely Master Plan. After Suzie at Hello October blogged about this shade I have decided I need it. The perfect taupe-y, lilac grey? I'm sold. 

12 comments:

  1. i love this colour, natural nudes are so easy to wear when debating the next polish to paint !
    Lauren x
    Britton Loves | Fashion Lifestyle + Photography - www.brittonloves.blogspot.co.uk
    Vote for my blog here !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color is so pretty! I think it would go with practically everything :)

    I love your rings by the way.

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shade looks so gorgeous! It's on my wishlist with Sole Mate at the moment. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this for my friend the other day and now I'm kind of regretting not buying it for myself too. And that tshirt is so great Ruby! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shade and LOVE those rings! :)


    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh so lovely and would really suit a tan! xx

    Sharlotte | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. great color!

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this nail color! So nice for spring- like a more casual french mani without the white =)
    Cute rings too!

    Missy
    www.myconcretecatwalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want mode nude/pastel shades in my life. I was thinking about buying this color from essie, and now I'm convinced to give it a try. Thank you.

    http://onesimplelook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the name and the colour- Essie is simply awesome!

    thegirlinthemoonlight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x