Sunday 27 April 2014

Fake Sophistication







Oh, late night blogging, how I love you. I've just returned from a stint of baby-sitting, and am now buried in a blanket at home, with coffee and cereal writing this. I'm wild, I know. I'm about as wild as this outfit is ground-breaking, but heck, you don't need to be a trend-setter to look (and feel) fancy. Seeing as you saw my casual get up at the beginning of the month, here's a little combination to make me look a bit more sophisticated. Although if I'm honest it's not difficult to do that, because I'm a perpetual comfort dresser. 
Being 5ft9" it's a rare occasion to find me in any kind of heel. These shoes are my new favourite thing but I won't lie to you, they're not the easiest to walk in. I'm still learning, so until I master it I'm faking the whole "sophistication" thing. 

The clock is saying 01:38 so I think it might be time for me to retreat upstairs to my comfiest pyjamas and a good book. Hitting the 'publish' button right now...

Right now I'm listening to:

10 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure you sound exactly like me right now!! I love the outfit and think you totally look sophisticated. It's amazing what a cute outfit and fun pair of shoes can do :)

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best blog posts come from sleep deprivation and late nights!
    And damn girl, you are a sophisticated lady! You look beautifuul!
    Hahaa being 5ft1 it is rare you find me not in heels :') xoxox

    Other Infinities

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the struggle of wearing heels, I feel ya on that. Personally, I think you look truly sophisticated here! Simplicity at its best :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this so much Ruby! So happy I stumbled upon your blog ;)
    The heels are super cute xx
    Hope you're having a lovely Friday!xx

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the navy blue and nude colour combination, it goes perfectly :) This is a lovely sophisticated look!
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
  6. so so cute! i love it x

    natalieoffduty.com

    Natalie Off Duty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture of the shoes and bag! Thanks for stopping by. And, I think that being tall is definitely a blessing. I'll trade places with you any day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one pretty outfit, I really like your sandals, the shape is just right, I can`t help but love nude shoes, also you look lovely!
    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you made me laugh and smile i so understand What you mean just keeping cool at Home and thinking if someone would see me ... Im si wild right now hahaha

    Anyway your outfit is différent From my style i Will only tell you that i loved your shoes !
    Yes even its différent i think its delicate thats great :)
    And lovely color too.
    Xxx

    Cheers From Paris,
    Lorna

    Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. those shoes are absolute gorgeous! lovely blog post. i'd really appreciate it if you would follow me back? :)

    bethanieparis.blogspot.com


    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x