Tuesday 15 April 2014

Halo Braids and Evening Face




After watching Hello October's March Favourites I felt super inspired. I couldn't wait for a possible tutorial that everyone in the comments was asking for, so instead I pressed pause on the video and and grabbed some makeup. You guys probably know that my everyday face is a flick of eyeliner and a barely there lipstick, so it's safe to say I switched it up just a little and cracked out Maybelline's Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze. Everything else was the usual- what can I say, I think I probably need to break out of this makeup rut I'm in. 

In order of application...

Rimmel Match Perfection in True Ivory
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On & On Bronze
Natural Collection Liquid Eyeliner
Maybelline The Falsies
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transluscent
Sleek Luminous Presses Powder in 2
Rimmel Lasting Finish Blush in Santa Rose
Topshop Lipstick in Nevada

As for the hair... this was probably my third attempt at Halo Braids and I think this is as good as it's going to get. This video made it look super easy, which definitely had me fooled. I think that practice is key, here, because mine looking nothing look this. It's a great little tutorial though, especially for shoulder length hair gals like me. 

4 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous Ruby! I wish I had the patience for halo braids. They always look pretty.

    Sophie http://nanawintour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said it before, I'll say it again; your eyebrows are so perfect! You look beaut Ruby, and I'm really happy that you apply foundation before concealer because I do too but nobody else seems to! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love your style ;) I agree with Kate and how amazing your eyebrows are!
    Great blog design, Ruby! and blog in general haha xx
    I’d love for us to keep in touch via bloglovin’ or GFC. Let me know on my blog, I’ll be sure to follow back! :)

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous look!! So fresh and classy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x