Saturday 17 May 2014

Deep Thoughts & Dresses








Bright colours aren't usually my thing, but this dress was too pretty to pass up. Also- three applications of fake tan later, and I'm still as pale as ever. Anyway, of course I had an excuse to get dressed up and if you read my last post you'll know that last weekend I was at a wedding! Ah, I love a good wedding. (Apologies about the crazy variation of lighting here - it was so windy outside that I had to venture indoors for these shots)

But aside from that, I have some pretty big news, which you'll know about if you ever read my tweets or saw last night's emotional Instagram post. Yesterday was my last day at school, EVER. I really don't know what to think right now or how to feel, I've been amazingly lucky in finding so many friends over the past few years, and I'll miss seeing their half awake faces every Monday to Friday at 8:30am. So, if any of my Derby High girls are reading this, then first of all - good luck in your exams! Secondly - I'll see you all at the Leaver's Ball in July. Sending big love, as always. 

*Phew, emotional bit over* 

I hope you've all had a lovely weekend. Being the typical Brit that I am, of course I'm going to mention how ah-mazing the weather is today. As soon as I hit publish I'm running upstairs to get changed and take advantage of the nice weather. Wishing you all a lovely weekend!  

14 comments:

  1. The bright colours suit you! You look lovely :-) hope you don't mind me asking, but where is your nude clutch bag from? I've been on the hunt for one for ages! Xox

    Leblogderosy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. classy! you look fab!

    x Maria
    New outfit up on my blog
    featuring the perfect high waist shorts
    www.retrostreetstation.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is so cute, and every time you do a post with those shoes, I fall a little bit more in love with them! I left school yesterday too which is so crazy but I don't feel like it's the end until our prom - but your Leaver's Ball sounds so much classier than "prom"! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning Ruby, your dress is beautiful x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dress! I love the colour on you! Xx

    Vividlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute dress and might I say how jealous I am of your beautiful header!
    www.lemondropsandcandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress looks amazing on you! The lace and color is perfect on you! Congrats on graduating! Trust me if your friends are special to you, you will keep in touch no matter what!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this color is beautiful on you! you should wear more of it <3

    www.thestylebender.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This colour is so pretty on you! Congrats on finishing school! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dress! The color is amazing!

    http://breakfastatvogue111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That color looks great on you! I know what you mean about putting self tanner on and still looking pale haha I have the same problem and I live in TX :)

    Very pretty and congrats for being out of school!! Enjoy the weather!

    adelabella1.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color of this dress - SO pretty!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x