Tuesday 27 May 2014

NOTD: Exposed, Topshop






After a few weeks of bare nails, it was time to try out a new polish. Queue Exposed by Topshop. Ever since I saw Master Plan by Essie I've been wanting a pale, off white grey so I picked this one up on my last trip to Topshop because I have no will power in that shop when it comes to their nail polish stand. The shade is everything I wanted, although slightly paler than Master Plan- you probably know that I'm not all that into bright shades on my tips and this is so muted and pretty. Now here comes the kinda bad news. I know I'm usually safe with the Topshop formula but this polish was so streaky that I needed three coats. That's something that I usually reserve for a shade as pale as Ballet Slippers, but if you're willing to put the effort in the final result will be super smooth and shiny. I'm willing to overlook this little hiccup because I'll get lots of wear out of this little babe all throughout the year. 

I hope you all enjoyed yet another long weekend? I spent my weekend at work from a ridiculously early time on Saturday, before spending some time with friends, and revising in between. I can't wait until these exams are all done so I can just enjoy summer, although I'll undoubtedly be worrying about my results until August 14th comes around.

10 comments:

  1. Pretty colour! And don't worry about your results, we all know you will outshine everybody and do so so well!

    http://vveallstartasstrangers.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colour, a slightly different take on all the white-tinged pastels that have been knocking around. I've never bought a Topshop nail polish, I may just have to invest. Good luck with your revision/exams!

    Rebecca Kate x
    Charming Skies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love pale/white-ish nail polishes. So pretty! I'm with you on exams, though.
    -♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, in love with this!
    Edita
    www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty shade of polish, it's a nice alternative to all of those bright whites. And I am obsessed with your midi ring!

    prosecco in the park

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful colour but great to know the colour is streaky!

    http://www.budgetbrunettes.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely shade! I really like pale, off white colours since white can be really in your face sometimes! And good luck in your exams and try not to worry about the results!

    Yige || Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice color! I'm a fan of nude/pale nail polish myself. Nice blog!

    http://artistikcreation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these neutrals are making me happy. :) Beautiful nail color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ring on your index finger, so pretty!

    theshyrose.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x