Sunday 29 May 2016

Sunflower Season







Tee - Primark // Jeans - Topshop // Jacket - Vintage Levi's // Trainers - Nike MD Runners //

I've been home the past few days for a change of scenery whilst I revise for my last exam so this outfit is from a few weeks back (It also happened to coincide with the fact that my parents have a puppy?!)She's called Meg- a little cockapoo puppy. She's already made an appearance on my instagram and I'm sure she'll be back on there soon enough.  

This outfit isn't one I wear much even though its loads of my favourite things put together - my comfiest jeans and trainers and a denim jacket! This yellow sunflower tee is something a little unusual for me but now it's getting warmer I'm happy to pull out the three or four colourful pieces in my wardrobe. 

In two weeks' time I'll be back home for summer and I'm a mixture of really excited / really sad. My second year at university is nearly over?! To be honest with you guys, I still have no idea what I'm doing over summer and whether I'm going to doing a placement year or not. But I'm going to keep on going with the job search and you guys will be the first to know what my plans are for the next school year. There could potentially be a lot of change around here on my blog if I do get a placement next year! For those not sure what a placement is- my university degree lets me take a break between 2nd and 3rd year to get a 1 year internship!)

Completing my job search during my exam period has increased my stress levels by 100% and I've found it hard to even have time to think about getting blog photos done and writing up posts. But I still love the fact that my blog captures little snapshots of my life and what I'm doing, whether it's everyday life and what I wear, a nice holiday somewhere or those times when I'm over-run with work and having a hot-mess meltdown. In six month's time / in a year's time / in five years time I can look back and reminisce and lol at the things I wore that were probably normal at the time but in hindsight were seriously questionable. 

At the moment I'm trying to push aside any worries and get my last exam out the way. Then next weekend I'll be celebrating with my university ball (outfit coming next week) and the most exciting thing ever... I'm seeing Bruce Springsteen at Wembley! It's going to be such a pinch-me moment and I can't wait. 

What have you guys got planned for the week ahead? x

4 comments:

  1. Cute tee and pants, love the , and great styling!

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the denim + trainers combo! good luck with exams and finding a job for summer!! ✌🏾️

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty Ruby, so lovely x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x