Friday 1 November 2013

Wearing: Rimmel | Kate Moss Lasting Finish in 110

    01. Straight from the bullet.


    02. Applied with a brush.

A few days ago I took to twitter and asked both Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup and Amelia Liana from Liana Beauty for some drugstore red lippy recommendations. I picked up Anna's choice from Boots, and as I branch out into bolder options I might branch out into Liana's favourites, but I have to take it easy before my lips go into colour overload.

So for now, the chosen one is the Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in 110. I was uber close to picking up 107 too, which is a darker more autumnal red, so watch this space.

So I had a good old experiment with shade 110 and I'm really impressed. It is totally out of my comfort zone, but I've found two ways of applying which give completely different effects, making it pretty versatile. Even though it's matte, and therefore pretty drying, it goes on really nicely straight from the bullet and builds up to be a really bold, in your face red. It hangs around too and here's the proof- I ate an apple and had a cup of coffee- lips still in tact for a few hours before it needed re-applying.

I went back to it this morning (apologies for the difference in lighting... and hair) and had a further play. Now this is where it gets good. I went straight in with a brush instead of applying it directly, and it gives a really nice, subtle (as subtle as red can be) tint to the lips. Maybe a tad more every day?

Let me know what you think of the colour, and whether you would wear it?

You can see how Anna wears it in her video: Super Simple Red Lip Tutorial.

16 comments:

  1. Lovely color on you, I almost prefer the shade when you've applied it with a brush, it's just taken the edge of it a little. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so nice on you! I might have to pick this up myself, I don't own any of the Rimmel Kate lipsticks...yet! ;)

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colour - it looks beautiful on you!

    http://shaunyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love number 2 on you the best! Come check out my site at www.kimsbeautyobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so pretty !!
    xx
    reasnotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful red lips:* amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi :)
    Lovely blog...wanna follow each other on blogspot, even facebook? Let us know, follow us, and we'll follow back for sure.
    Have a nice day:)

    www.thescarletdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, certainly would wear it. It's such a great color and you rock it. Look absolutely fab on you. Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Let me know.
    xo
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this lipstick. It's such a nice colour, so much so that I own two. Aha! =P

    http://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a lovely colour on you, and your eyebrows are absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that lipstick!! You're so pretty :)
    Sarah x
    thepalettee.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing colors, looks really pretty on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look fabulous darling! xxx

    http://vveallstartasstrangers.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have that lipstick and it's amazing, Rimmel lippes are the best value for money ever! I love them, you should try 107 too as it's a dark read and I think it'll look amazing on you!

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a gorgeous shade, it suits you really well!
    I own shade 107 and it's probably my favourite lipstick to date, it's a really great autumn-y colour and from what I've seen from other bloggers, it can turn out to be a dark red to a dark pink depending on skin tone which I find pretty awesome! I definitely recommend it though!
    Jess from http://theadorabledork.blogspot.co.uk
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. you hair beautiful <3
    I follow you..

    http://www.besthairstylesdesign.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x