Monday 9 December 2013

Living for the Weekend







 I'm so into the festive mood that I'm trying so hard to refrain from giving my blog a little xmas makeover. I guess this means that I'm over-compensating with the festive wardrobe. Yep, I bought the obligatory festive jumper last week. 

I also bought this tartan mini, which I've been dying to show you. It's uber short, maybe even too short to warrant tights- I think this one might be a leggings job, if only because it's a bit chilly. This dress is a big contender in the run for my christmas day outfit- even if it's the exact same pattern as my old, pleated, tartan school skirt. I definitely don't miss that uniform.

I know it's only Monday but I'm living for the weekend already. There's a bag of popcorn and some marshmallows in the cupboard, waiting for me and the Love Actually dvd.

Finally, what are your thoughts on another one of my new purchases- my lipstick. I finally caved and bought Rimmel's Kate Moss Lasting Perfection Lipstick in 107, because it's so darn christmassy and everyone talks about how nice it is. (I agree) I think it's the icing on top of this outfit- expect it to make many reappearances throughout the winter months.

20 comments:

  1. What a great blog you have here! ♥

    http://tishaarnaldo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute dress, and yes - love the lipstick :)

    Lauren xx

    laurenloveslaughter.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous dress I've been after one like this for ages, looks amazing! :-) xxx

    www.stylapetite.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely look, classy yet grungey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love plaid... and your mini dress! so cute for this time of year!

    xxx
    Lady à la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love our outfit, you look amazing, feel free to check out our latest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfit you look beautiful ! And yes loveee the Kate Moss 107, perfect for winter
    Erin xx
    Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your blog and I really like your style! ;) You look amazing in this outfit ;) And the lipstick is so good! ;)
    I invite you on my blog www.marentora-everdream.blogspot.com because I'd like to know your opinion about my wishlist, choose what you like the most ;)

    Kisses and hugs,
    Marentora :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, this tartan dress is AMAZING. Such a perfect holiday dress! I used to abhor plaid as a little girl (my mom made me wear it too much), but as I've grown older I continue to like it more and more. The Kate Moss lip stick looks beautiful on you too--I think you all over in the UK have a wider variety of them than us in the US! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love the dress! Thanks for stopping by, sure we should follow each other, following you now on GFC, now waiting for you!

    xx
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dress is SO gorgeous combined with your lip color; berry looks awesome on you! I am thinking I need to join the tartan bandwagon, haha. And I am so jealous of your weekend plans- Love Actually and food! Could it get any better than that? I hope you have a nice weekend! :) Great look!

    xo, Izzy

    http://lost-but-not-found.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the tartan dress x

    http://fashiononmyback.blogspot.co.uk/
    FASHION blog ~ x

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the dress.. you look great

    Shalay| itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything about this outfit, the dress is gorgeous and it looks perfect on you! I absolutely love that movie and is there a better way to spend your weekend? I am obsessed with the Kate Moss Lipstick in 107, I bought it about a month ago and I wear it non-stop, totally agree with you such a Christmassy colour!
    xxxx
    Stephanie
    vidathings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely tartan dress!! I know what you're saying I want to decorate everything, my blog included ;-) I'm your newest follower on Bloglovin' <3!

    Love,

    Noor
    http://queenofjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love this dress! You are gorgeous girl!!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this outfit, suits your look! :)

    Lottie http://lotties411thoughts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x