Monday 9 September 2013

WOMF #2








Here's another WOMF offering, inspired by Scarlett Johansson's cover for this month's Harper's Bazaar UK. I'm never been a red lip kinda gal, but I think this changed today. I'm wearing Rouge G de Guerlain in Girly. It's a gorgeous cherry red, although maybe not quite as vampy as Scarlett's lips. The texture is really nice- as you would expect with a high end lipstick. It's creamy and really pigmented, but I was really easy to perfect and clean up any smudges. (Basically, my whole chin wasn't left looking red) 

As usual, I used Rimmel Match Perfection in Light Porcelain, with the 17 Hide Away Concealer in Fair under my eyes and on any blemishes. No.7 Natural Blush Tint in Honey is a peachy, brown blusher which works really nicely for contouring. I applied it sparsely- it can build up to be quite orange! I bought it up to my temples to try and recreate Scarlett's bronzed complexion. 

I went back to my The Rich is Back palette by Benefit, and started off with a base of Disco Dust, the lightest colour. Then I swept Get Down Brown all over my lid, and Solid Gold in the middle of my lid. I wanted there to be a hint of purple, so lightly patted a Korres eyeshadow, Plum, in my creases, and blended it out. Finally, I layered on the They're Real mascara from Benefit

What do you all think? It's more than I would usually wear, (I'm not really that much of an eyeshadow girl) but having said that, I love this look! Change ain't always a bad thing, I guess. 

5 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty makeup look! I could see myself wearing this a lot in a/w x

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! I'm loving this...you should definitely keep wearing a bold bright lip!!

    Veloria in Velvet
    www.veloriainvelvet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks beautiful Ruby! Your eye makeup looks great too :) PS. That 17 concealer is the only one I've ever used, it's amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and natural-- besides for the lips of course. You look beautiful :) Maybe I'll need to add a Guerlain lipstick to my collection

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one. Leave me a link and I'll try and pop over to your blog, too. x